Basic course in biostatistics
A basic course in biostatistics called “Practical Statistics for Physicians” is permanently available. This is an unique course aimed at teaching doctors how to independently analyze their own database and write a scientific paper or PhD dissertation. The course lasts for a total of 8 hours and is divided into three modules.
Module 1. Preparation of the database for analysis (2 hours)
- Data entry into the statistical program
- Quality control of the entered data
- Analysis of incomplete data
- Incomplete data imputation methods
- Transformation of continuous variables into categorical ones
- Database transformation for the analysis of repeated measurements
Module 2. Data Analysis (4 hours)
- Descriptive statistics and data distribution analysis
- Simple parametric and non-parametric data analysis (t-test, ANOVA, RM-ANOVA, Mann-Whitney test, Wilcoxon test, Friedman test, Chi-square test, Fisher test, McNemar test)
- Correlation tests (Pearson and Spearman correlation)
- ROC analysis
- Univariate linear, binary and multinomial regression
- Multivariate analysis
Module 3. Presentation of results (2 hours)
- Which results should be included in the paper?
- Creating tables and charts
- Creating pictures
- Image Editing
The course can be attended by four students at a time. The course takes place in the multimedia room of the company Solmed Research (Selska cesta 217 / 1a, Zagreb). It is held for two consecutive days in the afternoon. Course price is 3.600,00 kn (VAT not included) per participant.
Individualized course in biostatistics
Dr. Kruljac can also personally conduct individualized course in biostatistics for physicians. The course is tailored to each student. Prior to the start of the course, knowledge of statistics and MS Office skills are assessed. Depending on the abilities of the candidate, previous knowledge, and goals that the candidate wants to achieve, we make a specific education plan.
Basic course in medical writing
A basic medical writing course called “How to Publish a Scientific Paper?” Is permanently available.
It is also an unique course with education in which small groups. It also includes practical work, so trainees have the opportunity to verify acquired knowledge and competences. The course is led by Dr. Ivan Kruljac and Dr. Lora Stanka Kirigin Biloš (as an external associate), a native English speaker with extensive experience in writing various texts and papers in the field of medicine and pharmacy.
The course lasts a total of 8 hours and is divided into three modules.
Module 1. Preparation for writing (2 hours)
- Definition of the idea for a scientific paper
- Literature review
- Using software to work with references
- Choosing the right journal
- Ethical statements and registration of the trial in the clinical trial registry
Module 2. Writing (5 hours)
- The specifics of writing an introduction, establishing a hypothesis
- Description of methodology
- Presentation of results
- Optimal discussion
- Editing references
Module 3. Response to review
- Should we always accept the reviewer’s comments?
- Writing responses to reviewers
- Changing the paper – When and How?
Eight students can attend the course at a time. The course is being held in the multimedia room of the company Solmed Research (Selska cesta 217 / 1a, Zagreb). It is held for two consecutive days in the afternoon. Course price is 3.600,00 kn (VAT not included) per participant.
Individualized course in medical writing
Our team also organizes individualized medical writing courses. The course is tailored to each individual student. Prior to start of the course, knowledge of English language and scientific methodology is assessed. Depending on the abilities, previous knowledge, and goals that the candidate wants to achieve, we make a specific education plan. With this individualized course, it is possible to teach the student to write scientific papers and other professional texts in the field of biomedicine and pharmacy independently. The price of the course is also individualized, please contact us and find out more!